Moderator

Good afternoon Moderator,

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy looking through my work. I have produced a magazine that contains a front page, cover and double page spread. Please could you look through all my posts to see how I progressed in AS so far.

Thank you for all your feedback it has helped me progress more.

Thank you, Faith Phiri :) :)

Monday 10 September 2012

Research and planning,photoshop CD Tutorial

This is my CD cover made from Photoshop. I made this by going on Photoshop, selecting the horn, CD and Background picture. I then selected the CD picture and clicked the elliptical marquee tool which changed the square shape into a circle. I then clicked the circle and dragged it onto the CD using the shift button from the corner of the page. When I had done this, I clicked the move tool button so I could transfer the CD I had cropped onto the background page which was a musical note background. I then choose how big I wanted the CD and where I wanted to place it. When I had placed it in the right spot, I changed the colour of the CD by going on images, adjustments then clicked on colour balance. After changing the colour of the CD, I then went on to add the horn picture onto our CD cover. I did this by going on the picture and clicking the magic wand tool this enabled me to click on a white background anywhere on the page and it would have been selected. However, I needed all the white to be selected and I did this by clicking on select and then similar. This meant that the white on the page was selected. After doing this, I clicked on select again and then clicked on inverse. this meant that instead of the white being selected, I had the horn selected. Again I clicked the move tool button and moved the horn onto the CD cover. To change the colour of the horn, we used the same technique for changing the CD cover. To add the musical notes, I clicked on the layers pallet and clicked on the notes button. I adjusted the placing of the notes to. Finally, I added my names on the cover by clicking on the T symbol and then changing the colour of the text and adding a shadow. I did this by clicking on layer, layer style and drop shadow. After doing this I then did the final editing which was changing the blackground style by clicking on filter, distort and wave. I then saved the picture as a JPEG on my desktop and this was the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment